From purchase to payment

Border City Travel

A travel authorization is required for all reimbursements to border cities, unless mileage only is being claimed.


1. An employee picks up a speaker from the Kansas City airport, and submits a reimbursement for mileage—No travel authorization is required.

2. An employee attends a conference in Kansas City and submits reimbursement for mileage and registration—Travel authorization is required.

One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
Nearly $290 million in financial aid annually
44 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times
KU Today