Approving a Requisition
2 Review / Identify Pending Requisitions.
KU Approvers are often authorized to approve requisitions for multiple workflow rules. Requisitions needing approval are organized in workflow approval folders that function much like Window Explorer folders. However, requisitions pending approval can also be displayed in a List format. Steps:
2.1 Select the Folder or List view option using the Group Results By: dropdown tool.
2.2 Locate the applicable Approval folder and click on the expansion arrow tool to open the folder and view the summary of requisitions awaiting approval in that folder.
2.3 Click the Show requisition details / expand all / collapse all options as needed to organize the pending requisitions.
3 Assign the Purchase Requisition.
Click the button of the PR. This moves the PR to the My PR Approvals folder. Once an Approver assigns a PR to the My PR Approvals folder, no other Approver can edit or approve that requisition. But, a PR can be returned to the shared approval folder for another Approver to act on.
Note – Pending requisitions can be approved but cannot be edited unless the requisition is assigned to an Approver.
4 Approval Filter Options.
Filters allow Approvers to quickly view a limited selection of folders and/or requisitions. This is helpful when an Approver has many requisitions / workflows to review. The filters are dynamic and are easily changed as necessary.
To open a particular filter option, click the add filter icon.
5 Open PR for Review.
Click on the Requisition number (12345678) to open the requisition document for review. Either link to the Requisition Number will open the requisition document.To return to the Approvals page summary, click the approvals tab from any page in KUPPS.
7 Approve or Reject (or other options for) the PR. From the Available Actions: drop-down list, take one of the following actions:
- Approve/Complete Step – Approve the pending PR to send a PO to the supplier or send the PR to a central workflow approver.
- Return to Shared Folder – Returns PR to department approval folder for another Approver to review and approve/reject.
- Place PR on Hold – Puts PR in a temporary hold status.
- Add Comment – Add a comment that can be sent to a KUPPS user in an e-mail.
- Copy to a New Cart – Copy details into a new cart for use later.
- Reject Requisition – Approver terminates PR without creating PO for supplier.
After selecting the desired action, click the button to complete the selected option (A-F).
8 Edit Line Item Details – Optional. Some suppliers allow KUPPS Approvers to reject one or more line items from a PR while other suppliers do not allow this type of editing. This option is turned off for suppliers that do not allow this type of Approver editing.
To edit line items before approval:
1. Navigate to Supplier/Line Item Details section of the PR.
2. Click the empty checkbox next to the line item(s) to reject.
3. Select Reject Selected Items from the dropdown menu.
4. Click the button.
5. Add the required comment to document the reason for rejecting
the selected line item(s).
After deleting the undesired line items, click Approve/Complete Step (as shown in 7 ) to approve the remaining requisition after editing line item detail.