Booking KU Business Travel
The University of Kansas has partnered with Corporate Travel Planners (CTP) and Concur to introduce Concur Travel, an online travel booking tool that complements our existing Concur Request & Expense. This allows the University to streamline the travel process, offering an integrated 'one stop shop' for pre-approved travel requests, booking travel, and easily completed expense reports for quicker reimbursement. Concur also affords you the peace of mind knowing you are covered under the University’s Duty of Care to receive automated and two-way risk messaging built into the Concur system. Booking through the University's travel program ensures you can be supported by the University and/or our team of CTP travel agents should difficulties arise before or during your trip.
By using Concur Travel & the Concur Mobile App you can:
- Book and manage the majority of your University travel in one place.
- Access the University's discounted rates for airfare, hotel, and car rentals.
- Maintain a secure online profile to store your TSA Pre-Check and frequent flyer numbers as well as other travel preferences and payment method.
- Avoid sending PDF or paper copies of receipts to the SSC. E-receipts for flights, e-receipt eligible hotel and car rental vendors are sent directly to your Concur Expense profile. Plus, you can upload images of your receipts using the Concur Mobile App.
- Ensure compliance as travel policies, procedures and contracts are built into the system, including nightly per diem rates for hotels by location and Fly America Act.
- Accurately track and use unused ticket credits, including reminders as credit expirations approach.
- Receive travel updates and alerts. Automated and two-way risk and safety messaging is available for all travelers who book travel using the Concur Travel system or CTP.
Watch for announcements as we move towards rolling out Concur Travel to all The University of Kansas employees in the near future!
Who is CTP and what benefits/services do they provide?
Based in San Antonio, Texas, Corporate Travel Planners, owned by Corporate Travel Management, was chosen as The University of Kansas’ contracted Travel Agency. With extensive experience serving educational institutions, CTP understands the unique travel needs of KU. CTP has a dedicated team of agents assigned to KU travelers available Monday - Friday 8AM - 5PM at 877-630-1232 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some of the cost-savings, value-added benefits and services offered by CTP directly and/or through the Concur Travel system:
- Duty of Care monitoring to help get travelers to and from destinations safely
- 24/7 customer service
- Established relationships with airlines and hotels to better negotiate on our behalf
- Lowest available airfares*
- Rapid Re-pricing when fares or rates drop
- Up to 60% off corporate hotel rates and free hotel amenities through the Travel Leaders Select Hotel program
- Free quotes and online booking support
- International Travel expertise through their International Rates Desk
- Study Abroad, Meeting Management & Group (10+) Travel Services
- Destination information and travel advisories
- Passport and visa assistance
* CTP will provide the lowest logical airfare published and available at the time of booking, based on the traveler’s point of departure and arrival, stated itinerary and the company’s travel policy.
Other travel contracts and benefits:
KCI Airport Parking: The Parking Spot offers a 20% discount to KU Faculty & Staff. To request a Spot Exec card go to:
For questions regarding the travel program:
Please contact Lori Gutsch, Assistant Director - Travel, Procurement Services at email@example.com or 785-864-5616.