Editing Accounting Chartfield Codes
Accounting Codes in KUPPS – Header vs. Line Level
Accounting chartfield codes entered into KUPPS transfer to the KU PeopleSoft Financial System (FSKU) and then DEMIS reporting. KUPPS users enter this detail during the creation and review of the requisition. Accounting codes are entered at either the Header or Line level. To determine which option to use:
|Use Header Level Entry when:||Use Line Level Entry when:|
Enter / Edit Accounting Chartfields in a KUPPS Requisition
1 Header Level Entry. Scroll down to the Accounting Codes section and click the button. This launches the Accounting Codes pop-up window at the Header level.
- Manually type or use the Select from* tools to enter the applicable chartfield values in each field:
- Business Unit (either UKANS or KURES)
- Speed Chart (auto-fills Business Unit, Fund, Department, and Project numbers in fields. When not used, leave as NONE – this field cannot be left blank)
- Department (must not conflict with Business Unit)
- Project (this field is populated by using the Speed Chart)
- Budget Reference (year)
- Chartfield1 (as applicable by department)
- KUEA Account (Used only with Fund 725)
- KURES Project Reimbursable (Used only with Fund 720)
- KURES Department Reimbursable (Used only with Fund 721)
- When the cart must be split between different accounting chartfield codes, click the add split link in the top right of the Accounting Codes edit tool. This creates a new accounting chartfield line that may be split by % only. Update the applicable codes in the new line(s). Add more splits as required.
- Edit the chartfields as applicable.
- Click .
2 Line Level Entry. Accounting codes must be entered or edited at the line item level instead of the header level when:
- There is variance between line item funding splits; or
- Funding splits must be by: a) dollar amount ($); or b) quantity.
To split funding at the Line Item Level:
- Click on the Accounting Codes tab (or View/edit by line item… link in the Accounting Codes section of the Requisition Summary.) The requisition view changes from Summary to Accounting Codes.
- In the Supplier / Product Description section, click the Edit button of the applicable line item. This launches the Accounting Codes editing tool for the selected line.
- Manually type or use the Select from* tools to enter the applicable chartfield values (See step 1.1 list for field list detail.)
- To split a specific line item, click the add split link in the top right of the Accounting Codes pop-up window. This creates a new accounting chartfield line. Options to split the line item include:
- % of Price;
- Amount of Price; or
- Amount of Quantity
(NOTE – splits at the header level only offer option A)
- Add more splits are necessary.
- Edit the applicable accounting codes in the new line(s).
- Click .
When lines vary from codes entered at the header level, the line will denote – Accounting Codes: values have been overridden for this line
When lines match codes entered at the header level, the line will denote – Accounting Codes: (same as header)
NOTE – Requestors must enter: Business Unit; Speed Chart; Account; Fund; and Department. If an Approver edits the codes, the Requestor only needs to enter enough detail to workflow the PR forward.
Select from tools allow users to for and select codes by either numeric Values or alpha character Descriptions. Use the asterisk (*) as a wildcard to search for values within a known range.
Example – 137* in the Value field returns all codes starting with 137. “Office Supplies” in the Description field returns all codes with that phrase.