Finding a Check Request or Non-Catalog Invoice
Find a Check Request Invoice Record In KUPPS
Check Requests are used to create a voucher payments for invoices when no KUPPS purchase order (PO) was used. Historical Check Request detail is found in the KUPPS Document History. A copy of the invoice is also found in the KUPPS Check Request document. Check Request invoices are also found in ImageNow/WebNow.
To locate a Check Request invoice record in KUPPS:
1 Open The Forms Page. From any KUPPS page, click on the Orders & Documents tab and then click on Search Documents. If the simple search page appears, click on the advanced search link for more filter options.
2 Key Filter Data.
- Ensure the Search criteria option is set for Requisition.
- Type “Check Request” in the Product Description field.
- Use other filter criteria to narrow the search. Participants(s) and Department are often helpful filters.
- Click .
3 Select the Requisition. After the search results return, click the requisition number to open the Check Request document.
4 Review the Requisition. Details of the Check Requisition are found on the Requisition-Summary tab.
To open a copy of the scanned invoice document:
- Click the Attachments tab.
- Click the Attachment link.
The invoice file will display in a new browser window.
Find a Non-Catalog or Check Request Invoice In WebNow
Non-catalog purchase orders (PO’s) receive manual invoices that are received by the Central Accounts Payable (AP) office. These invoices are scanned and indexed (electronic record of invoice detail) into ImageNow. Non-catalog invoices are NOT tracked through KUPPS.
Check Request invoices are entered into KUPPS as an attachment at the time the check request is created. These invoices can be found in KUPPS or ImageNow as KUPPS migrates the invoice image and indexed detail into ImageNow.
To locate a Non-Catalog or Check Request invoice in WebNow:
1 Open WebNow. Using the provided link, open the KU WebNow site for tracking manual invoices. No special software is required as the WebNow tool is accessed through a web browser.
- Click on the button to run the WebNow application
- Type in the User Name (KU Portal ID)
- Type in the Password (KU Portal password)
2 Expand the AP-Invoice Docs Option List. WebNow invoice records are indexed with detail information from the invoice. Click the button to expand the list of search criteria options.
3 Select Search by Criteria. Click one of the Search by options:
Invoice – Invoice number
Invoice Amount – Exact amount of the invoice
Invoice Type – GOOD (goods); SERV (services); SUBC (subcontract); Check Request
PO – Purchase Order number from KUPPS (KU00012345)
Vendor ID – PeopleSoft Vendor ID number (10 digit)
Vendor Name – PeopleSoft Vendor name
Voucher – Voucher ID number. For check request invoices, the voucher number will be the same as the KUPPS PR number.
After selecting search criteria, a pop-up window appears.
4 Enter Known Criteria. Type in the exact variable. WebNow does NOT accept partial information or wildcard fillers – complete detail must be entered. After entering the known variable, click the button.
TIP – Click a different search criteria option if the button is used, or if no documents are found. This refreshes the WebNow Search by options.5 Get Results. Double-click on the applicable search result line to open the WebNow Viewer in a new window.
5 Get Results. Review the invoice detail.
NOTE – Any annotation or other information entered and left on the WebNow record will remain part of that record.
WebNow View Tips
From the top toolbar, click-on View >
Smooth – optimizes image resolution
Properties – displays key indexed information of image
Status Bar – provides status detail of image at bottom of view
WebNow Tool Tips
Click on the icons for the following review options:
- Properties. Access details and enter Notes on document.
- Magnify/Reduce the document image.
- Rotate the document image.
- Fit window, width, or height of document in viewer window.
- Hide/unhide annotation seen on document.
- Navigate document when zoom is > 100% (click-hold-drag)
- Add “sticky-note” to document.
- Add Annotation to document.
- Drawing tools to emphasize details detail on document.
- Page navigation tools when document is more than one page.